1. When it comes to festive season makeup ..We pull the glitter out of retirement and amp up the eyes. When using glitters or more heavy eye shadows a really good idea is to complete your eyes first and then go on to do your foundation.
Finish the eyes and then clean up the skin from any fall out and then cleanly apply foundation. This is better (and in the long run quicker) than doing foundation , doing your eyes and covering your fresh base with glitter or shadow fallout. It does seem strange when you first try it but it really does work well.
2. Talking of Christmas parties and makeup..ensure to always remove the makeup before going to bed. If you are really tired and can’t be bothered with the eyes, as a minimum take off the foundation and apply a nourishing moisturiser..deal with the eyes in the morning.. at least your skin has had a chance to breath and heal and be nourished over night.
3. Another old favourite around these times is then red (or bright) lip. There is nothing worse than trying to apply a lipstick to dry peeling lips. I use a soft toothbrush around once a week and give those lips a brush and then apply a nourishing lip balm..this will exfoliate the lips and make them supple and soft (particularly when I am going through a liquid lipstick phase that can be very drying for lips)
4. Wherever you can do a hydrating mask before events (or come in and see us for our pre event pep up) this will keep skin in tip top shape so you are glowing for your Christmas Parties – we are loving our Lonvitalite C4 Nourishing Mask in store now $12.95
5. Exfoliation..whether that be with a glove or scrubs..but keeping the skins cells turning over will ensure your skins doesn’t look dried up..it will look supple and smooth… and particularly important if you spray tan!
6. Sunscreen and Water..as boring and repetitive as these things are they are so super important during these hot months…Sunscreen every day without fail and 2L water (especially if giving those summer cocktails a nudge!)